missing VP6 codec, problem with free server

Here you can ask questions and get help in English.

• I'm having a problem playing certain flv videos. I get an error message indicating I need "On2 VP6" codec. So I downloaded and installed the VP6 codec from a reputable download service. I continue to get the same error.

So I selected the MarBit Free Server from the AllPlayer Setup menu and ran a system scan. It finds a problem: "Kodeki DŸwieku (Problems: 1 Status:Serious)", which I assume means there's a missing audio codec. Not what I was expecting.

So, even though I'm not having any audio issues, I proceed to download the missing codec(s). However, the download stops at extactly 92% completion and automatically runs another system scan. The scan finds the same problem. I've repeated this several times with same result.

I'm not worried about the audio codecs, but I would like to solve the missing VP6 codec error. Please advise.

Thanks
    David
    david_a

• Free Server has only a few basic codecs, more codecs that allows you to play more formats like VP6 are on Premium servers.

I assume that you are using latest ALLPlayer version, if not then you should update your ALLPlayer.

If your ALLPlayer, while downloading codecs stops bellow 100% and after rescan shows that codec wasn't downloaded, it kooks like you have problems with internet connection.
    This may be caused by not fully downloaded file in your ISP cache (try downloading again later today or tomorrow) or downloading was interrupted by antivirus/firewall (check if you have ALLPlayer added to exclusion list as allowed/not scanned).
    Scripter1
    PowerUser

• you wrote:
    > Free Server has only few basic codecs, more codecs that allows you to play more formats like VP6 are on Premium serwers.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Sorry, I was under the wrong impression, based on this comment you posted in the "sticky" at the top of this forum:

"Our FREE server offers all the codecs you will require to play all of your content, but they may not be the latest, fastest, or best quality that is available. You should not notice the difference on a daily basis..."
    (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=560)

I understand why you have Premium Servers, but it would save new users a lot of time and effort if you clearly communicate the limitations of the free version of the player and codecs. New users need some time to evaluate before making a decision to provide financial support.

But I still don't understand why the MKV player doesn't use the VP6 codec which is already installed on my computer. According to the download page for the MKV Player,

"MKV Player uses its built-in codecs when there is no better in the system"
    http://www.opensubtitles.info/en/opensu ... yer.huneko

This implies that if a codec is installed in the system, the player will use that one. Why is this not happening?

As for the download error, I do not run a software firewall or real-time anti-virus checking (I do perform deep scans with Avira and MalwareBytes on a regular schedule). I flushed the cache (CCleaner) today and still, the download stops at 94% and runs another system scan. I doubt seriously this is an issue with my internet connection as Avira and Malwarebytes had no problem auto-downloding lastest definitions this morning.

you wrote:
    > I assume that you are using newest ALLPlayer version...

I'm using version 4.7. According to the download page, 4.7 is the lastest. If there is a newer version, please provide a link. Perhaps this will resolve the download problem. Is there a difference between MKV Player and AllPlayer?

Thank you for your help.
    David
    david_a

• I found AllPlayer v.5.0 on CNET. The installer did not remove the previous version, so I removed it manually using Windows Add/Remove programs. In any case, AllPlayer appears to be essentially the same product as the "MKV Player" I originally downloaded from opensubtitles.org.

Fortunately, the download error is resolved in version 5, so I was able to install the missing basic codecs from the free server without any issues.

But still no support for VP6 without a contribution, contrary to the policies quoted in my previous reply.
    Gość

• david_a napisał(a):I'm using version 4.7. According to the download page, 4.7 is the lastest. If there is a newer version, please provide a link. Perhaps this will resolve the download problem.
    Open Subtitles Player is our ALLPlayer but with their name and logo so both have the same functionality.
    ALLPlayer v4.7 and OpenSubtitles Player v4.7 are identical, except skin which isn't much different.

But v4.7 is an old version, there is ALLPlayer v5.0 (5.0.5 exactly) which has many fixes and many new functionalities (there isn't v5.0 version with opensubtitles logo).
    ALLplayer has own codec which is used when there is no better codec (in v5.0 it is better than in older versions), VP6 should be played on that codec (i just tested on few files).

I recommend you to install new ALLPlayer 5.0 ( http://www.allplayer.org/en/download/allplayer ) and check on this version.

Important note: Malwarebytes antivirus on ALLPlayer 5.0 alarms that in file scripter's spectrum.svp is trojandownloader, this is a false alarm and you need to ignore that.
    Also there is fixed version of that file which will be replaced in next version but if don't want to see that alert you may download and replace that file (download is Here; you should extract file from that archive to ALLPlayer's Plugins directory).
    Scripter1
    PowerUser

• Thanks for the clarifications. As noted in my previous reply, I installed v5. Thanks for the heads-up about MalwareBytes false alert.

Not sure why I'm still geting the missing VP6 error with v5. I'm getting this error when I try to play flash videos (.flv) downloaded from various websites with embedded flash players like dailymotion. I solved the problem by installing a player just for flv files, but it's very slow to start the video.
    Gość

• I found AllPlayer v.5.0 on CNET. The installer did not remove the previous version, so I removed it manually using Windows Add/Remove programs. In any case, AllPlayer appears to be essentially the same product as the "MKV Player" I originally downloaded from opensubtitles.org.????

Powrót do General Support - English forum

Informacja