Bug Report: Premium LiveUpdate errors - CAUSES FOUND

Here you can ask questions and get help in English.

• I've been having errors when using codes purchased via PayPal to download updates from the Premium English LiveUpdate server. After looking at some of the Polish forum posts, it looks like I'm not the only one having problems. The problem is as follows:

Install new copy of AllPlayer 4.1.6.5
      Choose Premium Update server.
      System will be missing many codecs, they will be selected automatically for update.
      Enter purchased code.
      Press download.
    Then at least a dozen error messages appear as each codec file that LiveUpdate downloads fails to register, as they are not valid Windows executable images (DLL, etc).
    (...)
    Thank you.
    Ostatnio edytowano 8 lis 2009, o 12:59 przez Scripter1, łącznie edytowano 1 raz
    Powód: Partly mowed for security reasons.
    psionix

• Thank you for that very important information. 8-)

I copied all your post from here to the private board (for betatesters) and removed some parts from your post here (on public board) for security reasons.

Please, register on this forum so we can have better, faster and more private contact with you.

PS: One more question: did you download ALLPlayer installer from our site or from another (on other sites there may be hacked and broken installers)?

Here is 2 parts rar with an installer that I used for installation (it's scanned for viruses), password is scr
    http://scripter.ovh.org/temp/ALLinst.part1.rar
    http://scripter.ovh.org/temp/ALLinst.part2.rar

Just to make sure: uninstall ALLPlayer, delete its folder, install again from that installer and check if problems still occur.
    Scripter1
    PowerUser

• Looks like we found what caused those errors - your information helped us. :D
    We just made an update in liveupdate system and now it should work fine.
    Scripter1
    PowerUser

• Scripter1 napisał(a):Looks like we found what caused that errors, your information helped us. :D
    We just made an update in liveupdate system and now it should work fine.

Excellent! Glad that I could be of assistance! Also glad that I can now use AllPlayer. ;)

Scripter1 napisał(a):I copied all your post from here to private board (for betatesters) and removed some parts from your post here (on public board) for security reasons.

Please, register on this forum so we can have better, faster and more private contact with you.

I have registered and applied for the Beta Tester group, in case I can be of any assistance in regards to the issues that were moved to the private forum. Sorry that my post contained some slightly sensitive information. The public forum was the only way I could communicate the problem.

Scripter1 napisał(a):PS: One more question: did you downloaded ALLPlayer installer from our site or from other (on other sites may exist hacked and broken installers)?

The AllPlayer installer was downloaded from the AllPlayer site, not from a 3rd party. I downloaded the installer that you linked in your post. It is bit-for-bit identical to the installer I used originally (SHA1 and MD5 sums match), so my installer was good (and thankfully virus-free).

The LiveUpdate process works just fine for me now, and I'm able to use AllPlayer. It's a nice player, and is handling my DVDs better than the other players I've tried in the past.

Many thanks for taking care of this issue so quickly! I post a report, go to sleep, come back, and it's fixed. That's a nice way to wake up. :D

Thanks again, and if I can be of any further assistance, please let me know. Take care!
    psionix

Powrót do General Support - English forum

Informacja